Seoul is buying US and Israeli drones

إنضم
30 سبتمبر 2014
المشاركات
التفاعل
1,214 0 0
Seoul plans to spend nearly a trillion won ($900 million) buying four Global Hawn HALE and three Heron I MALE drones from the USA and Israyl.

ausi_heron1_fuel.jpg

are currently operated by several air forces in Asia Pacific, including Australia, India, Indonesia and Singapore. Photo: Australian MOD

The Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) of the Republic of Korea has selected the Medium Altitude, Long Endurance ( ) Unmanned Aerial System ( ) from (IAI) for its corps-level upgrade project. At the same time, in the USA, moved forward with the manufacturing of four High Altitude, Long Endurance ( ) drones for , under a foreign military sale contract awarded by the US Air Force.

plans to spend 40 billion won (US$36.5 million) buying three Heron-I drones from Israel by the end of 2015. The drones will support the Korean Army corps deployed along the northwestern frontline, covering the demilitarized zone along the 38th parallel and the northwestern border islands at the yellow sea, as well as inland, near the Seoul metropolitan area. The drones are expected to replace the US Air Force drones currently conducting providing strategic, high altitude recce missions over the Korean peninsula.

was awarded the $657 million contract yesterday, to build and deliver four Block 30 unmanned aircraft for the Republic of Korea. Seoul expects to pay around 900 billion won ($820 million) for the four drones. The contract also covers four Enhanced Integrated Sensor Suites for the aircraft, two spare engines, and the applicable Ground Control Environment elements. Deliveries will begin in 2017 and end in 2019. This foreign military sales (FMS) contract is managed by the US Air Force on behalf of the Republic of Korea.

The IAI Heron-1 is a medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle with a range of 250 kilometers. It is capable of flying for more than 24 hours, or six times longer than the drones the locally produced KUS-7 and KUS-9 stand-in UAVs supplied to the Korean military since 2007.

Heron-UAS-korea.jpg

IAI will supply three Heron I UAS to , as the first phase of a contract expected to be signed next year. Photo: IAI

S.korean needs to stregth its military very well to stop N.korean bullshits

Until this moment I don't know why the
S.korean are still depending on USA and the others to provide them by weapons and military
?! equipments

In other words ,What do they need to
start local heavy military industry
???

..Money is there
..Suorces are there
..PPL are there
..Experiences are there
..May the decision not there

Because, every time they are surprise us by
high tech and complex products

So, why don't they strength their military industry to be strong like the civil industry

In my opinion, it's time for S.korean to look for independence and stop depending on the west as much as they can

التعديل الأخير:
عودة
أعلى